Re-Connecting Vent Hoses (1975 Z) - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Re-Connecting Vent Hoses (1975 Z)

Featured Replies

I dropped and restored the fuel tank.  It now looks great; no rust and property coated.  But to disconnect the vent hoses from the tank required the use of a long screwdriver to pry the vent hoses off the tank.  That is because the '75 Z does not have an inspection panel for easy access to the hoses.  Now how do I re-connect the vent hoses to the fuel tank?  

I reconnected the hoses with the tank partially installed. They were disconnected from the vapour tank first to give some extra reach down to the tank. Then with them properly attached, I mounted the tank complete. I also had the car on the rotisserie to do this so that made a huge difference too.
IMG_6388.JPG
IMG_6432.JPG
IMG_6434.JPG

  • Author

so, I am a newbie.  how do I disconnect the vapor hoses from the vapor tank? 

The vapor tank is behind the interior panel on the passenger side. The panel needs to come out and the tail light interior panel also. It should get clearer then

Correct. The more you can see of the hose path, the easier it will be to get some slack.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks!  I removed the interior panel and tail light panel.  Removed the vent tank and extended the hoses.  I am now in the process of lifting the tank while reconnecting hoses and pulling hoses.  It is a back and forth job.  But I am now having some difficulty getting the filler hose to fit snug against the tank.  Any advice on how to get enough leverage on the hose to force it into its final position?  

  • Author

well, that was a bear to get on. I ended up clamping a wood clamp onto the filler hose and then applying leverage behind the clamp to force the hose forward onto the tank. The Z is now all buttoned up and driving again.  Some have said that dropping the tank is not difficult.  Good for them, but this project was not an easy one for me. 

Glad to hear it’s in. Mine is still not assembled complete.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.