IGNORED

MSA Parking lights kit problem.

Phil Z

Is it just my luck, or am I not the only one. I purchased the MSA kit. Plug and play they said. I hooked everything up per instructions. Turned on the parking light switch and I can hear the relay click but that’s all that happens. No lights to dash no lights front rear or side markers. Checked all of the connections. Changed back to original connections and it works. Plug in the kit again and it doesn’t work. Start writing to this forum.........wait a minute am I getting battery power to the relay? NO!!!! Go to the battery, connection is good. Go to the inline fuse. Fuse is good. What could it be? Put meter on the battery side of the inline fuse. $&@!?&$ no power. There was a break somewhere in the molded inline fuse holder.

My 45 minute job turns into 2 hours. I’m guessing it’s a quality control issue that MSA needs to address with their supplier. So, I cut the fuse holder out and added a temporary fuse connector. All good for now. The main reason for posting this is to let anyone that may be buying this kit, to continuity check the power wire before installing.IMG_0337.JPG the culprit

Phil Smith

Well, after selling over 4000 of them, 1 was bound to be bad.....

If you'd like a new fuse holder (pre-tested of course), I'll be more than happy to send you a prepped and tested fuse-holder.

PM me your address and info and I'll ship one out free of charge.

On a side note. Call the seller (Motorsport Auto) and ask them for a replacement or for the manufacturers info. They'd be more than happy to help and I gave them permission Years ago to hand out my email and shipping info for any issue that may arise with my products.

Let me know what you'd like to do,
Dave
Datsun-240Z-Upgrades.net

• Like 4

Well, after selling over 4000 of them, 1 was bound to be bad.....
If you'd like a new fuse holder (pre-tested of course), I'll be more than happy to send you a prepped and tested fuse-holder.
PM me your address and info and I'll ship one out free of charge.
On a side note. Call the seller (Motorsport Auto) and ask them for a replacement or for the manufacturers info. They'd be more than happy to help and I gave them permission Years ago to hand out my email and shipping info for any issue that may arise with my products.
Let me know what you'd like to do,
Dave
Datsun-240Z-Upgrades.net

Thanks Dave, I will call MSA first. Well after selling 4000 of them, it’s me, my bad luck. I did say I cut off the culprit. They may want a complete unharmed power wire back! Also, I am very happy with the Parking kit and am going to get the headlight kit eventually. Thanks again for reaching out to me.

Phil Smith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...