IGNORED

cruising ~60~ MPH on freeway and speedo say 90 MPH...

72zcar

Have been thrashing my 72 v8 z around town a bit shaking the bugs out and yesterday I took it on its first freeway trip... the engine is a 350 chevy, the tranny is a th-350 and the tires are 225/70/14 and i used the msa speedo cable.

When at about 60 mph it says 90 mph. hahaha ROFL

now what

I know there is a gear somewhere to replace with a different one, where does it go and how do i know what gear to buy

Thanks, bob in ca with (as of yesterday) a registered and insured and running (hauls arse) v8 z...hahahahahaha :classic:

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by 72zcar

the tranny is a th-350 and the tires are 225/70/14 and i used the msa speedo cable

Contact MSA to see if they have a gear for you. If that doesn't work, you'll have to find a gear for your TH-350 for use on the 240z. It's a gear that fits into the tranny somewhere. I'm not familiar with that swap, sorry.

Post a message over on the HybridZ site. Someone there might have an answer for you.