IGNORED

Gasoline dripping out of air intake ports

882993md

You are attacking this issue in the proper fashion. I'M IMPRESSED!  These carburettors are really simple. 4 adjustments:

ENRICHMENT CIRCUIT :AKA CHOKE  common on all carburettors especially SU carburettors

BALANCE SCREW: Named for obvious reasons used for synchronization another very simple procedure once you have the proper equipment.

RICHNESS ADJUSTMENT: Once again named for obvious reasons. On our carbs suggest 2.5 turns intially as a baseline adjustment and then fine tune from there.

PROPER FUEL PSI: Often overlooked. Mechanical pumps driven by the engine, electric pumps driven by the battery. Use of a regulator is strongly suggested with electrical pumps. If I am correct, at least in my two, the factory left a connection on the main harness for conversions from mechanical to electric. Plug and play once you locate it.

There are hours of videos on YOUTUBE  that explain tuning our carbs step by step. You can see what moves if the choke is operating properly, how the mixture happens, etc. Being able to see and hear really removed the intimidation factor for me even with triple side drafts. The choke cable sheath if in disrepair will change the travel limit of the enrichment circuit, possibly not allowing full travel even when you have exhausted the travel of the handle on the console. I like your style, NOT AFRAID. Do some more reading and try to put aside time for learning. Get the correct tools so as not to ruin anything. Z Therapy also is a good technical resource. Be patient and good luck.

Edited by esmit208
Misspeling