IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

Late reply to one of your painting videos where you attempt to ‘cut” off a paint run.   Instead of trying to slice off the run, the preferred method is to scrape it off.  Put a small piece of tape covering the razor blade edge at each end of the blade...so the end of the blade does not dig in.  Then hold the blade perpendicular to the body/paint run and gently scrape off the run.  Color sand flush, polish, perfection.

12 hours ago, David F said:

Late reply to one of your painting videos where you attempt to ‘cut” off a paint run.   Instead of trying to slice off the run, the preferred method is to scrape it off.  Put a small piece of tape covering the razor blade edge at each end of the blade...so the end of the blade does not dig in.  Then hold the blade perpendicular to the body/paint run and gently scrape off the run.  Color sand flush, polish, perfection.

? 

• Like 1

Just a small correction Jeffry, there is no such thing as metric steel, all steel (same as lumber, piping wire gauge ect)is made in imperial sizes, your ""3mm" is 1/8 of an inch thick by one inch (eye balling it). yes I know that its marketed that way in metric markets...but still..just for common knowledge,.

7 hours ago, tzagi1 said:

Just a small correction Jeffry, there is no such thing as metric steel, all steel (same as lumber, piping wire gauge ect)is made in imperial sizes, your ""3mm" is 1/8 of an inch thick by one inch (eye balling it). yes I know that its marketed that way in metric markets...but still..just for common knowledge,.

This statement would benefit from having a little bit of sunlight shone on it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, tzagi1 said:

Lumber here is definitely in mm not inches by the way. I have done a lot of carpentry and it is pretty spot on. Structural here is bang on 90x45mm, etc, we don't have 2"x4"s like the US have. Not 100% sure on the steel though.

1 hour ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

Lumber here is definitely in mm not inches by the way. I have done a lot of carpentry and it is pretty spot on. Structural here is bang on 90x45mm, etc, we don't have 2"x4"s like the US have. Not 100% sure on the steel though.

Its the same in the UK, I'd guess lots of the world....

9 hours ago, tzagi1 said:

Just too add, you're eyeball is off by 0.2mm(ish).

• Haha 1