280z wiring problems - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280z wiring problems

Featured Replies

Ok, so I took on the task of rebuilding my perfectly running l28. I got it out had the motor redone and put it back in. That was all, for the most part, easy. Then I go to start the wiring procedure. I have a diagram and I followed it to the most of my abilities. When I got the car, it had quite a few wires unconnected in the first place so I had left about 4 wires unconnected. So here comes the problem; I have no electrical power running at all through the car.I'm talking no headlights, no dashlights, no start lights. Nothing at all. This is the last step before I prime engine and go. So please if anyone has experience with this or knows what else I can do please comment. Ill explain anything if you have questions. Thank you so much

 

Sent from my VS995 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

 

 

wow, ok so you start with do you have power at the fuse box.

no headlights and you have 12v  on both sides of the head light fuse?

  • Author

No volts at all. Also, there is no power to anything in the car. I can't even get a turn. It makes me feel like maybe there's an uninstalled wire but even then I should at least get some form of power through the system

Sent from my VS995 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

hold up no volts at all, you stated you have power at the fuse box, on side of the fuse will have power, if the fuse is good then the other side will as well. this is for the HEADLIGHT fuses, should be 2 of them.

ok then try checking the fuse links under the hood. see if there is voltage on one side but not the other. You cant tell by looking if they are good.

 

no prob you just need to use the multimeter and work the problem is a systematic way.

Edited by Dave WM

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.