IGNORED

Nissan Y44 V8

zed240au

Has anybody other than me played with one of thes motors its the older nissan v8 4.4 litres has been a great motor for me

If any body has ported hotted up one of thes motors would luv to here from you on what you did and the results

Also any contacts to get japanese parts for these motors used nissan sport in victoria once but i think they closed down so if you know any good importers with contact for older nissan parts Who has an australian operation would be great

Mick

• 1 year later...

G'day Mick,

I've got a 240Z with 4.4ltrs of bent 8 in it, though a different manufacturer. Leyland/Rover. I did consider the idea of the Y44, but when I investigated I found very few of them (for too much money) and got scared off.

I've also worked on the old 3.5ltr toyota V8 (Chrysler copy) that was in a 2wd hilux ute. Made it pretty nimble.

I have looked into the VH45 swap too. People have done it, though like you've found it only just fits. Varying opinions on the motor also. SOme say the 4ltr was better than the later 4.5ltr, better heads (apparently the 45 had some weird siamese inlet ports) and also better build qual.

Are you set on a V8? The 2jz sounds to be the go for power/reliability and fit. Or perhaps the LS1 could be good. Even the new Ford quadcam V8 would be work a look.

I guess the idea of a Nissan V8 in a Z is pretty romantic - very sweet.

I've seen alot of adds for this motor recently well probably 2 but yeah would be a good idea but I like my L-Series motor :). I have heard of a couple of people tell me that they had friends who put a Nissan V8 in their Z years ago.

I hear the Rover V8 is ideal because it's lightweight probably lighter than the Z motor LOL.

440Z if you haven't already you should become a member at VicZcar and come on a cruise you'd be our first V8 Z member :).

thanks for your ideas luv my v8 but still cant decide what upgrade i will make when i get around to it have got a soft spot for the lt1 350 or the ls1 but cost are very high so still considering the v45 as an option

Am looking towards more tarmac rallies i find that maybe going back to a six might be necessary to be able to run the car to meet rules and catergorys but id hate to not have a v8 oh well no hurry its running fine now just thinking of options

racing the rx4 this weekend so it will be all fun stirring up all the people who hate rotarys they just upset so many people when you beat them with it

thanks for your ideas luv my v8 but still cant decide what upgrade i will make when i get around to it have got a soft spot for the lt1 350 or the ls1 but cost are very high so still considering the v45 as an option

Am looking towards more tarmac rallies i find that maybe going back to a six might be necessary to be able to run the car to meet rules and catergorys but id hate to not have a v8 oh well no hurry its running fine now just thinking of options

racing the rx4 this weekend so it will be all fun stirring up all the people who hate rotarys they just upset so many people when you beat them with it

Haha yeah I appreciate them for what they are and would never hate them.

I was going against an RX7 series 3 believe last night and I let him get the good take off first time around I managed to catch up get ahead but I couldn't really break away from him just a bit with each gear change.

Next set of lights I showed him what L series torque was all about :love: .

He gave up shortly after but I was suprised he kept up the first time, however my motor hasn't all that much done to it I guess but still a testiment to the rotor :classic: .

For the record I was almost going to get an RX4 over a Z.

well my rx4 has made a few others shake there head 300 hp at 9000 rpm is way to much fun and when you eat std to warm wrxs for breakfest and beat porsches gt falcons and even a ferrai you know your having fun and the beauty of the rx4 is you can push it to the limit every time i mean you get a whole body for $50 bucks so there really is no limit to how far you push it not that you want to dent but ha if it happens i not gonna cry

• 2 weeks later...

hi just to let anyone interested know we won our class and outright in the rally on the weekend in the Rx4 beating rx7 commodore v8 rally car wrx a very fast turbo prb clubman and even a ferrari 308 was 4th after first day and then on 2 day thought we could maybe get 2nd so was thrilled when we won outright another 30 year old classic showing them how its done

mick