New Coil - Page 2 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New Coil

Featured Replies

Do you have a meter?  You can check the specs against factory.  I'm guessing that you're on a budget?  That's not one of the Rock Auto products for the 260Z.

Here are the specs for the 260Z coil and the resistor.  Looks like Datsun was shooting for about 1.5 to 2.0 total.  I can't find specs for the C-632 out on the internet.  Amazon's site says it's not a fit for the 260Z but without specs, who knows.

 

74 coil.PNG

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

The primary stock coil reading is 1.6 and the secondary is 13.55. The new coil C-632 is, primary 2.0 and the secondary 9.68

  • Author
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, SteveJ said:

I know the solution. I just won't be at my computer to type it up for a couple of days. Respond to this thread on Sunday if you haven't received a solution from someone else.

Hi SteveJ

Iam curious about your solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.