IGNORED

Head Removal Problem

Have thought of installing the exhaust manifold back on, then slide a large breaker bar between the head and the exhaust manifold. With all the surface area of the manifold on, I would think it should be safe to apply some pressure from the top pulling towards the passenger side.  I would make sure the bolts are pretty snug to keep from bending them. 

Alright, got the head off tonight. 

Ended up putting the hoist on it and having my girlfriend stand on the back of the hoist with me. After a few tries it popped off. :beer:

The bolt that kept spinning I hit with pb blaster and got out with a punch. But the bolt I snapped off in the block I couldn't get out with freeze off and vice grips. Probably gonna have to have someone weld a nut on it. 

Thanks everyone for the advice! 

• Like 3

For future reference. When I ran into this problem many years ago, I was told to set the engine so both #1 and #6 pistons were down and then stuff as much small diameter rope into #1 & #6 cylinders then hand turn the engine with the crank bolt. I had tried all the ways mentioned, but this was the one that got it off.

Sent from my K88 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2