IGNORED

any 2.7ish owners?

• 6 months later...

• Jason....Just a heads up on cam choices. The Schneider cam billets aren’t even close to the quality alloys in a reground (Isky) camshaft. The original Datsun cams reground to Stage III (.490) by Isky work great. We put a Schneider .495 lift camshaft (new) in my 3.1 motor. After 150 miles, I noticed a cam lobe turning loose some metal. I’ve never had a single problem with the Datsun regrinds. I put a Isky .490 in the motor.....zero problems. Do it right the first time IMO.

Guy

8FBB82F6-55F9-4B98-859A-8FAB68B7D90A.jpeg

Edited by Diseazd

I do already have a 290f from Schneider, that might have to go in initially, just to save some costs, i'm looking at a kameari 'cross mission' gearset for the box on it.  once I've ran it on the dyno I'll see where the drop off is.  I've a feeling it'll be enough.

I'm sure i'll have a 1000miles of ironing out other niggles and getting the setup right before the missing rpm bothers me too much.

Edited by Jason240z