IGNORED

ROUND TOP SU CARBURETORS FUEL PRESSURE TOLERANCE

2 last questions before proceeding:

1. How many minutes should i leave the car on before removing the domea to verify fuel level?

2. Should i take the car for a drive to warm up before installing the clear tubes to the drain plugs to verify the 23mm level?

3. From where to where shall i measure the 23 mm level? From the float lid down?

Screenshot_20180208-085905.png

#1 A minute or two should be enough to reset the fuel level in the bowls.

#2 No need to drive the car or warm it up.

#3 Yes

#4 When you're done screwing around with the clear tubes and the 23mm, (which may or may not be correct for both 3 screw carbs) tell us the fuel height in comparison to the tops of the nozzles. The only way you're going to know if the levels are 100% correct is to compare the fuel levels with the nozzle tops.

16 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

#1 A minute or two should be enough to reset the fuel level in the bowls.

#2 No need to drive the car or warm it up.

#3 Yes

#4 When you're done screwing around with the clear tubes and the 23mm, (which may or may not be correct for both 3 screw carbs) tell us the fuel height in comparison to the tops of the nozzles. The only way you're going to know if the levels are 100% correct is to compare the fuel levels with the nozzle tops.

What if i just start with the test by leaving the car on for 5 minutes at the parking and then shut the engine before pulling the domes? After removing the domes i can take pictures and send them for your approval or decline on the correct level. Both carbs are dialed at 2.5 turns exactly.

Edited by jalexquijano

Good job. A little hard to see but it appears the fuel is at the nozzle tops. That would be OK if we didn't have to lower (richen) the mixture screws later. If we have to lower the mixture screws later, the fuel will be puddling on the nozzle tops. Not a good thing. Next thing to do is readjust the floats and get the fuel level 1 1/6" below the nozzle tops. You'll be lowering the fuel level in the float bowls to accomplish that. That will allow for fine tune adjustment later. Go thru the readjustment, start it up run for a minute, shut down and look at the new float levels and report back please.