IGNORED

Replacing exhaust system on my 72 240z from the manifold to the back

jalexquijano

I am considering on replacing the exhaust system on my 72 240z from the manifold to the tail. I am not interested on headers just something that sounds Racing and gives some additional horses:

Is the MSA PREMIUM EXHAUST OKAY?? or  is there any better recommendation? Should i also change the gasket that attaches to the downpipe?

For years I used a stock exhaust manifold on a 71. I had it ceramic coated gray with a stock 2 tube down pipe to 2 1/2 tube. Ran a 2 1/2 exhaust to a resonator and then to a magnaflow muffler. It had a deep tone and no drone at highway speed.
Ps I have a brand new down pipe I could part with.
IMG_4488.JPG

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Edited by 7tooZ

You still have the stock exhaust pipe ? Didn't think anybody did that.  I was told to use a 2 1/4" pipe. I have no idea which is best, but I went to a local independent muffler shop and they hooked one up, with a "turbo" muffler. Sounds good and took a full second off my zero to sixty, according to many runs checked with a stopwatch.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the MSA Premium exhaust and I like it. Make sure NOT to use the down pipe exhaust gasket until you have fitted everything. I had to shave a bit off the flange to get it where I wanted. I realized that down pipe gasket is a one time use gasket and it didn't seal it %100 after squishing it a few times.

Edited by SledZ

Do you have pictures of the installation? Just got the full kit 4 days ago? Any soldering needed or is it just a bolt-in period? I would like to see pictures of a clean and profesional installation.  

Send me your email address I have a video not a great video but will give you a good idea how to angle it and tuck it away.
Cutlerscrew@gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile