IGNORED

Hitachi radio coil replacement

gotham22

does the little S light come on when you press it? mine would hang up and not toggle from S to not S.

you can start by just touching a screw driver to the volume pots, center tap, there should be two ganged up on the volume, one is left one is right, see if the signal (60hz hum) gets thru on both.

that will clear the amp as the issue.

Ok so another rookie mistake!  Helps to solder the left speaker wire to the correct spot on the power board.  It looks like it is working now. Aux input is now functional too.  I got a switch to direct the power to the radio or the aux input.  Bought a wire which is 5 pin to 3.5mm and that is connected to a wireless bluetooth adapter.  I can connect my iPhone via bluetooth and listen via the aux in.  Its great a 38 year old bluetooth radio!  

Tested it out and it works great on the bench.  Need to wire it correctly now and install in the car.

Again, thanks for all the help everyone!