IGNORED

FYI: Source for 75/76 AC Receiver dryer

Chickenman

Thought this might help some people with 280Z and original dealer installed AC systems.

Finding the correct replacement receiver for 75 and 76 280Z's can be difficult. If you have one with offset connections and the pressure switch on the top they are quite rare. Four Seasons part number is 33286. Found a supplier in Canada that has them in stock with the correct positioning of fittings. $63.29 CDN

https://www.thewrenchmonkey.ca/products/auto-parts/four-seasons/33286/

33286.jpg

Edited by Chickenman

I've been looking for one of these for a while now for my 77' and got a little excited when I saw this post Chickenman.  I just called them to verify and unfortunately it is a discontinued part and will not be re-stocked.  The sales guy said they need to update their website.  Oh well, the search continues.  Thanks for keeping us in mind.

you  can get them rebuilt, about 100$ IIRC. Or you could just rob a 78 hard line from the cond to the drier and use a easy to get type with the flares both on the top OR you could make up your own hard line, does not seem that hard, OR you could prob just re bend your existing hard line to it works with the top fitting. Seems silly to spend mega bucks to find the correct one. I did find one by asking for a local Ice cold auto air. Think it was 75$ you could tell they did not like selling parts, can't really blame them. I suspect other AC shops can still get from wholesale only warehouses.