IGNORED

Really hard electrical problem

Xenn

It happens most at exactly half a tank, less when full or empty, which makes no sense to me, but is basically the only reason I think its not the pickup tube.

As for an o-ring issue, check the bottom of this page.

http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fuelpump/index.html

This is quite the wack-a-mole problem, eventually im going to replace the car one bolt at a time.

16 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I've never heard of that o-ring air leak problem until now.  Do you have even have the original pump in your car?  Most have been replaced with aftermarket.

True, mine is a ~5 year old aftermarket, but based on that and other liquid pumps ive had to take apart I assumed they all had an o-ring in the same area (just outside the impeller), i may be wrong though.

I finally gathered the parts i needed and did my swap today, drove it once hard and it seemed fine, idles smoother, less occasional popping.

New pump is louder with the car off than the old pump, quiter with the car running, go figure.

Ill update you if the problem comes back. Pic of shiny new pump below, and yes i did bypass the fuel damper.

CAM01075.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

So i have been meaning to update this for a few weeks now, work and winter storms do not help with that agenda.

So since i swapped fuel pumps I have had no issues whatsoever (fingers crossed). When I swapped out the fuel pump i also swapped out the prefilter, the old one was clean, but within a week the new one got to this point and has stayed there since. Remains of a blockage or crud in the tank I donno, either way I thank ZedHead for his help in figuring out a possible solution to my problem.

Sorry for the poor pic, my phone is a pos.

CAM01125.jpg