IGNORED

Picture Thread Early VIN Cars

240260280z

23 hours ago, Blue said:

Some stuff I hoovered.

What is the point of this thread?  What purpose does it serve to just post random photos of cars that you "hoovered" (mostly from prior threads on this site) with no context?  For instance, you posted a single photo of the rear of my HLS30-00032 car sitting on a trailer the day it came back from being painted.  I took that photo myself and posted it in a thread about my car on this site.  Most of these photos are from threads to document the progress of work on cars, cars that were listed for sale, or to compare certain early parts.  When you just repost a bunch of photos with no context what value is there in that?  There is nothing unique about the back of my car shown in the photo you posted, and it doesn't look like that now so I'm not sure what the point is. Many of the photos you posted have parts that aren't original to the cars and aren't "correct" for their production date, so they may be misleading to someone trying to determine what is an original part on a low VIN car. If you are trying to document early parts unique to low VIN cars then do that, although you should do a search first and add to existing threads whenever possible rather than needlessly creating new ones.  Many of us have spent a lot of time and effort to try to document parts differences, so why recreate the wheel, especially if you are going to post photos taken from other threads without linking to them or providing some context.  It seems you have even lost track of the photos you posted to this thread as you posted photos of PS30-00013 twice (first in post #2 and then at the end of the thread)..

• Like 1

Obviously you like the post as you seemed to have thoroughly scrutinized it?

I have done similar posts for rebuilding SU carbs, tuning webers, moving the guts of tachs, FSM's and many more.  It is for two reasons I do this:

1. To help others.

2. To give the site more content to attract more business for Mike.

The photo of your car is great because it clearly shows the spot weld locations.  

There is valuable information in all of the photos I posted to help anyone restoring or repairing an early Z.  

I even noticed the early J seat belt hook in one... I was looking for this part a few days ago.

I can not vet every part in every picture.

Please do not respond to posts I start unless there is something positive or useful in your content.

• Like 3