IGNORED

Wanted: 1970 4.5" Steel Wheels

240260280z

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I have 4 steel wheels from a 1971 240Z in almost perfect condition.  Sold the car many years ago but kept them in garage attic.  Have no use for them now and would be willing to sell them for a reasonable price and ship them.  I am located outside of Kansas City.  Let me know if interested.  Could send pictures if that will help.  Also have the lugs.

6 minutes ago, MOPILOT827 said:

I have 4 steel wheels from a 1971 240Z in almost perfect condition.  Sold the car many years ago but kept them in garage attic.  Have no use for them now and would be willing to sell them for a reasonable price and ship them.  I am located outside of Kansas City.  Let me know if interested.  Could send pictures if that will help.  Also have the lugs.

A couple of things that might help you.  Pictures sell almost anything, and, could you list the date codes of all 4?  The date code and wheel size information are found on the outer rim and start with TOPY.

If the dates all match, that would be of great help.  They are probably 41/2" wheels as opposed to the later 5" wheels.

Edited by AZ-240z

7 minutes ago, MOPILOT827 said:

Where are the date codes located?  How to measure to determine if 4.5" or 5" ?

See my previous post which I amended.  If you look at the outer rim surface the 

date code/wheel size information will be engraved in the rim toward the outer

circumference.

If all 4 wheels are 4-71, in my humble opinion, that adds a lot of value 

for someone doing a stock, original restoration.  And, I believe these

wheels would be considered original for any car with a build date

from 4-71 to 6-71 without stretching the point.

Good luck to you!

also, you really should post pictures of all the wheels, front and back.

Edited by AZ-240z