IGNORED

Looking For: (Ontario) Body Shop familiar with 240Zs

Careless

Ontario friends & Z family,

I'm on the hunt for a body shop that is familiar with 240Z's. Specifically the earlier series 1 chassis. I have a rolling shell on a frame dolly that needs to be sent out ASAP for a full body restoration. Can arrange delivery of body and all items required.

Could be a good job for a reputable/respectable auto body team that is familiar with top to bottom restorations.

Preferably in the GTA.

• 2 months later...
On 8/12/2016 at 8:56 PM, S30Driver said:

Would not Whitehead Performance in the Toronto area be one of the premier Z experienced shops to consider?

I didn't get a notification about this thread, so I'm back to answer your question: Absolutely not.

I've tried to contact them more than once, and even went in to discuss things with someone there, and I get the run-around or the "come back later" or the "we'll call you back"...  apparently the fastest way to reach them is via email. well i, as well as another person involved in this build has tried to use that avenue as well- and I haven't even gotten a reply. I've went in to buy old parts that I KNOW they won't have a use for, and yet upon returning with money- i'm given some "go away" answer. I don't know who's running the show there at this point in time, but as far as I can tell it's not run how it was when Greg was front and centre. I doubt I'll be buying or approaching them for any work in the future because I've burned more hours on them than they have on me.

In any case, I've done some sleuthing, and located  the shop/person who's done the work on his vehicles in the past, and this chassis is on its way to the soda blaster soon, and then off to them for full metal work and paint resto.

Kind of a shame, really. I used to enjoy going there.