Back in the 240 game - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Back in the 240 game

Featured Replies

112 & 918 are the '70s. 8^)

He'll need a full dust cover behind the flywheel too, right?

Is that bushing you're talking about the pilot bushing? Most good clutch kits come with one, my Exedy did.

  • Author

Got her running today and actually drove it down the block in my neighborhood.  Sounds like a sewing machine.....smooth and quiet....gotta go through the brakes...

  • Author

Heres a pic of it after a quick buff.  Not looking too bad

20160707_200627_resized.jpg

Congrats 5150will!  I too am partial to lime green Z's as I had a '72 in the same color.  Yours appears to be in stellar condition.  I know we are all wanting to see more pics!  Glad to see you are back in the game and we look forward to your updates.

  • Author

Thanks Hardway, here are a few interior shots.  

20160707_110422_resized.jpg

20160707_110418_resized.jpg

20160707_110353_resized.jpg

20160707_110332_resized.jpg

20160707_110359_resized.jpg

20160707_110348_resized.jpg

20160707_110336_resized.jpg

20160707_110320_resized.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That is obviously a well loved Z!  The only flaw I can see in the interior is the split stitching on the driver seat which is completely understandable and fixable.  Great to see how nice the dash is and the original radio still in place.  Again, congrats!  I look forward to more updates and pictures.

  • Author

Thanks Hardway.  It was definitely well cared for and an awesome survivor.  The woman I bought it from said its got 155k on it, but it seriously looks like 55k with the exception of the seat bottom.  Her late husband owned the car since 9/74 so its almost a 1 owner.  She said her husband/boyfriend at the time/ used to put about 1k a week on it for awhile as he was working for the railroad stationed in Barstow and coming home to the Modesto, Ca area on weekends.  The only other flaw I've found inside is a small crack on the console near the Ebrake but it might be repairable.

 Right now I'm working on the brakes bringing them back into working order.  Then it'll be onto the cooling system and it'll be road worthy.

 I've got a paintless dent repair guy coming on monday to remove about 10 or so little dings in the body so it should look really nice when he's done

I was going through some of the documents that came with the car and its got the original owner information and the warranty card in the owners manual.  Pretty cool.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.