IGNORED

1972 datsun 240z floors and rolling boards

jalexquijano

Floor Pans,yes, Rockers, probably, and you never really showed the Dog Legs.  Wouldn't be unusual to replace them also. Can't see the extent of the Rocker rot, I say go big and do it all.  Patch the front wheel wells and check your frame rails. Call it  a normal day in  Z land.

General rule of thumb, If there is a hole where it used to be solid,  it's probably a good thing to repair it.  So the next rust hole you come across, either patch it or replace it.  That is about as specific as I am willing to offer.

• Like 1

Where can i purchase very high quality metal rocker panels? I read most people are using TABCO or MSA?

https://tabcoparts.com/cars/datsun/2...1970-1978.HTML

Should i order 16740L and 16740R? What if i want to go all the way from one end to the other? should i also get 16750L and 16750R?? Need to make my decisión fast as i have the car in the shop!

On ‎03‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:04 PM, gwri8 said:

General rule of thumb, If there is a hole where it used to be solid,  it's probably a good thing to repair it.  So the next rust hole you come across, either patch it or replace it.  That is about as specific as I am willing to offer.

Hi Gwri8,

Just ordered both floors and support rails from Zeddfindings in Canada and both rocker panel from EBay. I hope the shop doesnt ask for anything else and start patching any other hole. Some people are just lazy to patch!

http://www.datsunzparts.com/

Do you know how to apply the POR-15 on both of these floors and rocker panels once the car is prepared? Any instructional video or suggestion?

I appreciate the OP's enthusiasm here but seriously..... only so much hand holding can be expected! 

OP: Google is your friend, research the threads on this topic in this and many other forums, join a local car club....

You will get much better responses and support from members here if you are not asking for information and instructional videos on how to put your pants on....

PS: Excellent choice in the Zedd Findings products

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wheee! said:

You will get much better responses and support from members here if you are not asking for information and instructional videos on how to put your pants on....

Pants? Who's wearing pants?

• Like 1