IGNORED

Tools...

That Ozzy Guy

Originally posted by Rob

A good tool box or chest and a decent storage system so you can find your tools. Makes whatever tools you have much more usefull.

Well said. Couple of weeks ago I was working on the car and half my time was spent looking for the right tool. My garage atm is a black hole, I can never find what I'm looking for. It's a total mess although not of my doing. There's just no room for all the crap we've put in there. Fortunately I'll be moving at the end of the year so I can organise it well from the begining.

I used to work like that but got tired of always being cranky cause I was wasting so much time wandering aimlessly through piles of crap looking for a 12mm spanner.

Then I realised that the stuff I almost never used (like harmonic balancer pullers and spare seatbelts) were mixed up with everday tools. Once I put all that stuff away and got a decent tool chest it was easy to keep things in order.

And when you set up your new shed, one word. Powerpoints. Lots of them.:classic:

:devious: :devious: :devious:

Mate, go to the bank and get a good supply of those resealable plastic bags the put coins in.

They are SOOOO handy.

Get yourself a pair of GOOD safety glasses for when you are working under the car. Helps to keep dust, dirt, grit n $^!# out of your eyes. Also protects your eyes from dropped nuts, washers, bolts etc.

Rick.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 1 Bravo 6

:devious: :devious: :devious:

Mate, go to the bank and get a good supply of those resealable plastic bags the put coins in.

I visit the bank on a regular basis for work and I've stocked up on those resealable bags. I have a lifetime supply now.

Yesterday I bought some tools. Here's a couple of pics.

The first one is of the Sidchrome 14 piece metric spanner set. Longer than normal and have some anti-slip design. Expensive at AU$169 but I got them for $109 trade price. Damn the we get ripped off at retail prices. Oh, and I got a 7 piece allan key set with the hex ball points on the end.

post-3235-14150792644845_thumb.jpg

...and I got a socket set. It's a Repco Motorist 75 piece set that comes in a handy storage bag which you can just throw in your car when going for long trips. It's their 75th anniversary 75 piece set and I highly reccomend it. Costs AU$152 and has pretty much everything I'll need anyway.

post-3235-14150792645065_thumb.jpg

Thanks Carl. I've had my eye on a nice tool box that's not necessary now. Gotta expand the collection first. I was also thinking I just skip the tool box idea and spend that money on more tools and make a wall organiser (don't know what you'd call it really). Just an inch thick pice of wood I can hammer nails into and hang all the tools. If you have a look at the spanner set, the carry bag has three holes in it for hanging. This way you most of your tools will be visible.

George, the best thing for hanging tools is PEGBOARD.

It comes in various sizes, all tools are easily accessable and visible.

A piece of timber with holes drilled keeps screwy drivers in their place. Alternatively, a strip of leather with a series of nails positioned at intervals is as efective.(Also good for wood chisels).

Regardless of what method you decide, if you don't USE it, you'll be hard put to find what you want when you want it.

Drawers under the work bench is a MUST.

Rick.