IGNORED

what to do with the L28block

Znut73

:stupid: hey guys wondering what the best setup on the Lmotor is and i hear it is the F54 with P90 head my question is is that motor fuel injected? does it have a turbo? do i have to run the fuel injection and turbo? if thats what it is if i dont how do i go about getting it carberated the reason i ask is that the L24 in my Z is shot the head is allright but the bottom has a couple of cracks that are bad.and i found a Newer Zthat is wrecked and abandoned and the motor is in tacked havent seen the motor yet want to know what to look for. Thanks guys for the help dont know what i would do with out you.

F54 either has flat tops and is injected, or will be dished and turbo (and injected), the F54 is just the block, it does not state engine configuration.

I would not advize a carburated turbo.

if the engine is standard it will be fuel injeted for sure, it may or may not have a turbo on it though. if you want a carbie setup just take off the intake manifold and bolt on your carbies, they will fit right up to the P90 head. if it has a turbo on it and you want to run the turbo you will have to leave the fuel injection on it. if its a turbo it will have dished pistons, if it isnt it will (hopefully) have flatops.

if the engine was a turbo engine it will have dished pistons and vary low compression if a zx motor then a flat top piston and higher compression but still low compression but better than the turbo . take a look here geocities.com/zgarage2001/engine.htm