IGNORED

Fuel pressure regulator for Airtex 8012s (5 to 9 psi) fuel pump

jalexquijano

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Wow so expensive? I was just looking for an electric pump that could be dialed between 3.4 to 4 psi without the use of a regulator other than the AIrtex 8012S which is rated 5 to 9 psi and will require a regulator near the carbs. Anyone????

You can filter results on the Summit Racing sit.  Check the boxes.  - https://www.summitracing.com/search?N=4294947842%2B4294948048%2B4294826538%2B4294617503%2B4294927144%2B4294674392%2B4294674390&SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=electric fuel pumps

Looks like MSD bought Mallory and is milking all that they can out of the MSD brand name.  Not uncommon.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎28 at 5:08 PM, Zed Head said:

jalexquijano's 240Z problems

1.  Engine shakes during acceleration at low RPM.  Clutch is engaged, so it's not a clutch engagement problem.  New differential mount had no affect.

2.  Plugs foul.  Smell of excess gas.  Fuel pressure measured at rear carb was ~5.5 psi. (before rear carb or after rear carb?  Deadheaded?).

3.  Engine backfires - 

4. Engine overheats - 

I would keep a running list of these things and post them in all of your threads.

On your current request for a pressure regulator - you didn't say that you have a regulator now.  If you don't have a regulator and you're seeing 5.5 psi after the carbs, then you'll need to do some plumbing work also to bypass the excess pressure as Stanley suggested.  

And, you didn't respond to his suggestion of an Aeromotive regulator, or a Mallory 4070LP   The Mallory is set to 3-4 psi and can be adjusted over a narrow range.  He made a suggestion and you just ignored it.  That's why people aren't responding any more to your questions.  If someone suggests something you have to at least acknowledge that you saw it.  Otherwise, what's the point of responding to jalexquijano's questions.  He'll just ignore the response.

Good luck.

http://www.jegs.com/InstallationInstructions/600/650/650-4070LP.pdf

Just measured the PSI from the AIRTEX 8012S which is labeled as 5.5 to 9 psi. It is really pushing 4.3 to 4.5 psi, so dont trust on what these pumps advertise. I was recommended to get a King fuel filter regulator to lower it a Little bit. However, will this solve my vapor lock issue? Yesterday my car stopped 3 times while driving. VAPOR LOCK period. Nobody seems to come with a solution!