IGNORED

240z low power cuts out

Alan2fast

Ok guys still new here as you guys probably seen just got my 73 240z running but when i give it gas to fast it wants to choke out and almost die and back fires out of the front carburetor. Carburetor were just fully built. Since the frist start i let it run for 15min in idle then reved the motor up and did fine so i took it for a drive and it was hard to get power unless i slowly give it gas then its good after and when i turn the car off the motor shakes hard feels like it wonts to stay on still

blue's info is excellent.

if you're running su's, it is a fairly straightforward process.

be sure you have adequate fuel supply to the carbs (pump, filters) then number 1 above all is float levels - get 'em right, or you'll chase your tail w/the other adjustments.

I've only used the blue label 3in1 myself.  When everything else is working right I'm going to try different oils.  Here's my short list, ATF, John Deere hydrostatic 20 weight, 10w30.  I need to read more into it though as far what thickness works best for the weather around here.  The 3in1 is working good so far but I don't know what to compare it to. 

If you're going to keep your carbs I'd spend $30 on one of these, ebay or amazon has good prices.  Takes the guessing out of the process.  :)

post-7641-14150819739346.jpg