Need your help - Introductions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need your help

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

I just inherited my dad's '72 240z and Im in the process of restoring it. First thing I need to do is have it registered for the year. Can you help me find where the chassis/body number is? I need to have it "stenciled" to complete my registration.

As per the documents I have it should be NLS3002148.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is stamped into the engine bay firewall just above the carb linkage bracket.

post-21215-0-90958800-1439945399_thumb.j

Should be "HLS30-02148"

Look above the brake booster on the firewall if it is left hand drive. Engraved into the firewall is the VIN number that can be stenciled.

 

Yeah,

What "quick draw" said ^^^ Those Texans are fast on the draw...

Edited by Patcon

  • Author

Thanks for the quick response! It was painted over, so it wasnt visible when i scanned the engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.