Windshield crack repair, salt, bug spray, alcohol+water? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Windshield crack repair, salt, bug spray, alcohol+water?

Featured Replies

Was that insect killer or repellant?

 

Not a chemist but I doubt it would be permanent.

  • Author

The spray container in that video is blurry making it hard to identify.  I looked all over the net for a container with those colors and could not find it.  Another video making the same claim is using OFF! family care but at least one video claims the idea of using a bug spray mixed with alcohol and water does not work.  I did notice there are several you tube videos on various ways of fixing a crack.  The one below uses suction cups and some other mixture.

 

 

 

 

 

windhshield crack suction cups.tiff

Edited by Mikes Z car

wow, thats pretty neat, how much do these kits run? I need to repair a crack on my daily. 

  • Author

Sorry, I actually don't know about cost.  I do have a crack in a non z car windshield, have been curious about how it might be fixed.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

The kits are expensive. Just call a windshield repair guy. That is your cheapest bet if your windshield isn't covered by insurance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.