IGNORED

Kenmeri coming to USA very soon.

borini63

I am trying to determine the production date on this C110....I know it's a 1973 or 1974 but I want to make sure and might one of you guys find out when exactly this C110 produced ...it has a fairly low vin #.....

These Picture befor paint..

GetInline.aspx_8.jpg

GetInline.aspx_9.jpg

Edited by borini63

I've seen a vin of 4253 being referred to as a "late 73" 

Are they replacing the deck lid and hood or are they repairing them?

So where are you going to source the GTR parts for this replica?

Is the body shop in Dubai going to be sourcing the GTR parts?

The GTR grill looks a whole lot better than the 240k.

I kind of like the australian GTR tail lites more than the JDM ones.

A brand new GTR tail lite surround thats  factory original NEW has seller listings for $1600  and

a USED grille for $3000  in Japan.  I need to start learning more about these cars so that i can bring parts back from Japan

to sell. Thats a heleva premium for parts. I thought fairlady parts sold for a premium!

Edited by hr369

I've seen a vin of 4253 being referred to as a "late 73" 

Are they replacing the deck lid and hood or are they repairing them?

So where are you going to source the GTR parts for this replica?

Is the body shop in Dubai going to be sourcing the GTR parts?

The GTR grill looks a whole lot better than the 240k.

I kind of like the australian GTR tail lites more than the JDM ones.

A brand new GTR tail lite surround thats  factory original NEW has seller listings for $1600  and

a USED grille for $3000  in Japan.  I need to start learning more about these cars so that i can bring parts back from Japan

to sell. Thats a heleva premium for parts. I thought fairlady parts sold for a premium!

I think this C110 was one of the early 240K imported to Australia......I kinda liked the low vin......Oh yes they will replace the trunk led and the hood,They have tones of C110 part cars(they been floating there in the middle east area since 1970(C10).Stoped in 1972 then they start to pour in 1973 untill now)

Also I need to replace the grill,this one on the car now from Skyline/Datsun 180K sedans and Wagons in the middle east  but they use to mount them in the 2000GTX in Japan.Still we will decide on going the replica rout or middle east area market trim...need to finish the body/paint first.

They sorce the GTR repilca parts from Japan and as everybody know  they are pricey....

Just found this picture in google search.....same idea but in RED!I like this grill,looks nicer in my eyes.... available and way cheaper.

Skyline_GT-R_replica_73_4.jpg

I will try to convince my friend to pack the car with parts when it gets here!!

Edited by borini63

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice Work !

I was watching some of the UAE/Saudi panning videos and wondered why so many were lefthand drive.

As I thought a lot came from Australia.

Now I know why/how  ;-)

It looks like you are going to have a very clean car at the end of the process.

PS - a VIN in the 800's is going to be 1972 or early 1973. I have 3 in the 1000's all from 1973.

I though somewhere on this forum, many years ago we started a list or ran a comp to find the lowest VIN.

I think you would win !

Bruce.

Edited by 240K&Beyond

Thank You Bruce for the comment....

Yes I believe that I own an  early low Vin # 240K.I wish there is a list of the production #'s and dates of the 240K.

I owned a 70 240Z with # 5431 one time and now she's owned by my Buddy Sultan.

Thank you again.

I am waiting on some updates from my Friend Sultan in UAE (#kenmeri77)you just google kenmeri77 and you can see all his Skylines from the Hakosuka to all the way to R34.

Edited by borini63

More updates on my C110...Body stripped and getting ready for the paint...replaced the hood and the trunk led and patched the driver side fender....The floor boards are Solid.

D62BDDA5-2CBC-4283-B1E5-F2A19C93A9674C6E

B3DC9875-2CD5-4076-8ECA-1B5FB3DBE45A5321

30A5A08D-A6A7-46BA-93AD-859229D7DA6BACC9

035FC5BF-A7BA-4808-BBB3-28687BC4E3DAC2B9

ABE1B56E-5577-4A3E-B623-20A8B2CDA90F573A

3BF3750D-887D-49DD-99E9-6B8F16626D3B2C0B

21F5AE36-9079-4E61-A8D8-7C9519FE88BBEEAF

0B5BAB81-E5BD-4007-97C8-111223477425B737

Edited by borini63

Is it going to have a/c in it?  phoenix in the summer is no fun driving especially with black plastic seats like those. 

I see a LHD s30 there in the background. Looks to have a rocker panel replacement. Car must have been imported like

yours.

wow ! the guys are doing the job quickly and very well ! it seems to be a good chassi basic, not that much rust !!

why you decided for the injected l28? carburettor´s would be more authentic, or?

Thank you mammut for the nice words....I wanted an L28 in it,280zx crossmember and drive train was the main thing I wanted.I want it to run and drive first.When the Skyline gets here then either triples or L28et.