IGNORED

FI's may not be firing

lance75_280z

I Bought a new battery today cuz the new one I bought in Oct went bad. When I start it, it will turnover & the RPM will goto 1500 then the engine will just die/cutoff. It won't stay on. When I try to start it back up, it will just try to turnover but won't. I'll let it sit for about 5 mins, then it will repeat the same thing over & over again. My buddy said he thinks that the fuel inj's aren't firing. It will get that initial burst of fuel then but it will not stay on. Fuel is getting to the injector's. We're getting good sparks. One more thing, Which battery post should the wires that come out from the wall connect to? One of them is already grounded to the wall. Is it NEG or Pos..

Not exactly sure which wires you are referring to, but there are I believe two short wires that come out of the wiring harness that both go to the same ground under the battery on the inner fender.

One way to check the injectors is to take a long straight screwdriver, place the blade against the metal hold down on the injector, turn the car over, and put your ear against the handle of the screwdriver. If you hear it ticking, it's working, if not, check your wiring around the coil for a loose wire, and at the wiring junction block right next to the coil. That is where your injectors pick up their signal to fire, right off the distributor... It might just be a loose wire, or it could be a wire isn't on the right terminal.

Well, my ground wire goes to the back of my starter where it bolts in. I did just change my Ign coil last week & I may have crossed the neg & pos connectors on the coil. Honestly, I wasn't able to start the car then cuz of my bad battery. Hopefully this is the prob. These Z's are very fragile when it comes to wires & connections.

I went back out this mrng & checked my coil. I switched around the 2 pos & neg wires on it just to make sure I didn't cross them up. The same thing happened. I switched them back again & the same things. I also checked the black box thats attached to the fender near the coil to make sure the wires inside were connected and they were. I made sure the distr wire going to the coil was on. Same ole thing. I also check the white bar that's under the coil were the neg & pos wires come from. They were ok but I noticed that one of the connecteors next to the others, it had a wire going to it but nothing connected coming from it.

Just to recap, The car will turnover and the RPM will go up to 1500 & jusy cutoff never to idle. Then when I go to start it back up it will just try to turnover. Will will let it sitr for about 5 mins and it will just repeat the steps.......I honestly think that a wire or connection is the problem but i really don't know.