IGNORED

Insurance- Just got it!

That Ozzy Guy

I just got insurance today for AU$600 full comprehensive for one year limited to 8000km which is fine by me as I drive less than that.

Previously I had only Third Party Property as it was difficult for me to find comp ins due to my semi-bad record.

I'm so happy. It's a big weight off my shoulders I tell you. Next year it should go down to around AU$350.:classic:

I got it with these guys. http://www.famousinsurance.com.au They are in WA but cover Australia wide. Check them out, they guarantee they will beat any quote by 10% for us young hooligans (so to speak)

Elated George:bunny:

I've tried them Brett. The thing with me is I've had my license suspended for 3 months for speeding and a week before that I had an at fault accident. I'm not making excuses for myself but I was going through a rough time late December 2001 which is the time this all happened. I've copped it good and don't complain much (I even sold my Skyline, which was an excellent car, to keep out of trouble and to stop making them rich and me poor) but these insurance companies are just ridiculous. No one will give you a chance and if they do they will certainly screw you for a large percentage of your earnings.

I have made an honest mistake and paid for it but they still don't care. They do not treat you as a person so much as a statistic. Prior to Dec 2001 I had a perfect record and I mean perfect but for the two simple mistakes that could happen to anyone they pigeon hole you as a criminal.

Maybe not that drastic but I didn't buy my dream car (Mustang Fastback '67-'68) cause I couldn't find insurance and obviously had to sell my Skyline. I've called that many insurance companies and spoken to that many supervisors and brokers to last me three lifetimes. I know their industry inside out and could work for any of their companies (but I wouldn't).

Can you all tell how much love I have for them:finger:

That is why I'm so exstatic to get insurance for $600. Might not sound cheap to some of you but for me it's a Godsent.

Cheers

Originally posted by That Ozzy Guy

"I know their industry inside out"

Thinking about coming over next year with my Z, what do you think my chances are of getting insurance for an RB powered Z?

Piece of cake, if it's clean, legal & your record is good for the last few years.

There are already plenty of RB Zeds in the country.

My car is currently on laid-up insurance with Shannons as L28ET, fully restored (in-progress), agreed value $15k.

It will be $30k when finished, and they have no problem with that.

Ivan, as long as you get an engineers report and comply with our ADR's (Australian Design Rules) you should be able to. I'd call Just Cars, (will insure up to market value only which is $5,800 for a 240) these guys are into high risk heavily modified cars. Famous as I mentioned above are lenient too and will offer you agreed value (definately give them a go). MB Prestige might insure you but I'm not sure about their modification policy.

I've just called "Street Tech Modified Vehicle Insurance" who is a part of the Heath Lambert Group. I've not had to deal with Belinda before but I think that they might give you some form of cover. She's going to call me back later today so I'll let you know what happens.

If all else fails Ivan you might need to go through brokers but that's a last resort.

There's a guy from Perth (name escapes my memory atm) with a nice RB powered Z. Ask him how he got insurance if he does have any.

Your age makes it tougher but not impossible.

Belinda got back to me and their premiums are pretty bigh. They mainly deal with heavily modified vehicles and yours is in another class I'm guessing.

I thought you might loose your No Claim Bonus so I asked around and most companies will honour your current rating although we only have 60% maximum no claim.

George, great to here you managed to get some kind of comprehensive cover. At least now you can take to the road for the big drives when you feel the need, without that nagging thought "what if". And the big plus even if you drive there and back you wont blow your km's going to the nationals.

cheers

Steve:classic: