IGNORED

'75 280Z Unknown Wirre Near Center Console

tamo3

I try to figure out some unknown wires connector.

on the FSM, I could not find information around center console area wiring.

post-24248-0-96668500-1421781246_thumb.j

post-24248-0-89308800-1421781265_thumb.j

- Red/Blue & Green/White wire with T connector.

- Green female

- Red/Blue male

Does anyone know what those wire for?

Thanks,

tamo3

The 1975 FSM circuit diaram shows a "T" connector in that area for the Fog Lamp Switch (option).  It shows a GW / RG though. 

It also shows two bullet connectors for the Auto Trans Indicator Lamp - so you can see if the lever is in "P" or "D" at night...  RL male and a GW female.  Unused of course if you don't have an auto.

• Like 1

I believe the pair going to the 2 position connector are for the "control panel illumination lamp" and the other pair of independent wires are for the "indicator lamp A/T only"

I believe I have found both on the 75 wiring diagram. One of them is directly below the fuseblock on the diagram and the other is horizontally to the right from the first one. I'll clip a pic from the wiring diagram if you can't find them. Let me know.

• Like 1

Yup, those are the two I found. I didn't have time to put together a pic for you earlier today and I'm glad you were able to find them without one. Happy to be of service.

By the way, in your original post you mentioned a "green female" but what you actually hold in your hand in the pic (and what is on the wiring diagram) is actually a green/white female. I knew what you really meant.   :)

These are not the wires you're looking for.  :)

So now while you have those connectors loose in hand, you can make sure the polarity is correct for LED's. Probably easier now than once you have it all buttoned up. I know you aren't going to use the one for the A/T transmission selector, but the other one is for the HVAC display panel, right?

Yes, I won't use AT indicator lamp cable. I might use them some other fancy additional illunimation modification later  :P

I was wondering where the T-Connector connecting to. now I got it. Somehow I un-plugged from HVAC display panel.

Thanks,

Takashi