IGNORED

Can Anyone Identify This Emulsion Tube?

grannyknot

I looked again at the oer exploded drawing and it looks like the center tube structure (in body in middle of fuel bowl) should be able to take both the weber and OER style of tube assemblies,

I can loan and send you a set of 6 weber e-tubes  air correctors, mains and holders to play with drill out until mid May if you want to experiment w/o having to buy a set.

cube.jpg

dfa8f1f649e4fa4d0f658354ea8da19f.jpg

OER_parts_list.jpg

Thanks Blue, I didn't think the e-tubes were SK because in my SK Tech Manual produced by TWM Inductions  show a Weber e-tube in the exploded diagram. So I guess my e-tubes pre-date that diagram. As far as I can tell my e-tubes work just fine, I was just confused why they look so different to the Weber e-tubes, also Keith Franck of Sidedraft Central said he wasn't familiar with them and suggested that maybe they were Mikuni e-tubes.

Thanks Blue, I didn't think the e-tubes were SK because in my SK Tech Manual produced by TWM Inductions  show a Weber e-tube in the exploded diagram. So I guess my e-tubes pre-date that diagram. As far as I can tell my e-tubes work just fine, I was just confused why they look so different to the Weber e-tubes, also Keith Franck of Sidedraft Central said he wasn't familiar with them and suggested that maybe they were Mikuni e-tubes.

When I first looked at them I was going to say that they looked like Mikuni Solex.  Have a look on main emulsion tube. Look for an " A " , " B " or " O " stamping. If you find those, then it confirms that they are OEM Mikuni Solex emulsion tubes. The lettering denotes early or late models.

I've got a few extra sets in my carb spare parts boxes. I'll have a look later and snap some pictures of my  Mikuni emulsion tubes. Early SK and Mikuni emulsion tubes are almost identical in appearance, although hole sizes, positioning  and number of holes may vary

Edited by Chickenman