IGNORED

Touch Up Paint Code 113

Steve49841

I ordered paint for a Z with a build date of 7/72.  The paint code sticker on the radiator support is blank or if anything was ever there it's gone.  I have the original sales order for the car saying the paint code is 113, green metallic.  The company I ordered the paint from called paint code 113 Avocado green metallic and is not remotely close to what's on the car.  I'm not talking about the sun faded body but not close to what remains of the original paint under the carpet, Datsun logo and door jams.  So is there a difference between green metallic and avocado green metallic or did the paint company just screw up. 

Steve,

Check this link at Zhome.com it shows most of the 240/260z color, and assoceated codes for them.. http://www.zhome.com/History/ZColorGallary

It does show that code 113 is listed as Metalic Green, But when I did a Google search for the paint code you listed 113, it come back as Avacado Metalic Green...

Maybe check this other link and see if you can match the current color of your car to what is shown... http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/datsun/1972/all-models/

Sorry I couldn't be of more help....

-Phil

My '73 240Z was painted in Paint Code 113 Avacado Metallic. It was repainted in '96 with a colour based upon 113 but with more metallic. I used the Avacado Metallic from AutomotiveTouchup.com to paint the driver's side of my engine compartment last winter. Though not an exact match to the rest of the engine compartment (it is a bit lighter), you wouldn't notice it, unless I pointed it out to you. I also used this 113 paint to touch up stone chips.

I'm fairly hapy with the match.

Cheers,

Thanks for the replies....I bought my paint from automotive touch up also and it sounds like it is what it is.  I'm a bit between a rock and hard spot on this, I just want to do some touch up and buff the daylights out of it.  I'm going to check on some tint and see if I can get it closer.