IGNORED

Clutch Replacement Suggestions Please...

rossiz

thanks all for the suggestions - great info.

i like the idea of the 240mm clutch and lightened flywheel, just a little confused about a couple of points:

- can i use a 240mm clutch on a maxima flywheel?

- if so, what years of the maxima will be a straight bolt-up?

- i assume i just order an oem 240mm clutch, is that simply a zx turbo or 2+2, or are there specific years?

appreciate the help!

-The 240mm clutch won't bolt up to the maxima flywheel. The dowl pins are in the wrong position and the 240 uses 9 bolts to hold it in place.

-The maxima flywheel is the first generation after the name change from 810. Its the 81 through to june 84 with the L24E. Not the diesel LD28 it has the heavy flywheel. In july 84 they changed to the V6 front wheel drive. Goodluck searching for one. They are getting hard to find.

-If you ask for a ZX turbo or a 2+2 it should be the 240mm.

One other issue to consider if you choice the 240mm clutch is the throw out bearing collar. The 240z and 260z will not work with this pressure plate. I have the measurements somewhere. Ill dig them up tonight and post what I have.

Chas