Was running then quit! help! - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Was running then quit! help!

Featured Replies

I just cleaned up the intake manifold, removing all the unnecessary vacuums and what not, it started up great after, it ran and drove for about 10 minutes, then just quit and isn't starting but it's turning over and I believe it's getting spark. I would think it would be getting fuel if it ran just fine before it cut out on me. Any suggestions would be great!

How did it run before you "improved" it?

What did you remove, exactly?

I'm curious. How did you determine that the vacuum lines were unnecessary?

  • Author

It ran great, and it ran well after I took out the egr and csv

I forgot to ask what year car also. And if it was stock before you modified. If you browse a few threads you'll see that the more details you provide the faster things happen. Every year of car has subtle differences.

When cold, the fuel/air mix is extra rich. After warmup it's leaner. If you have a vacuum leak from the disabled EGR or CSV port, you might be too lean to start. Let it cool and see if it starts. confirm that it's getting spark. Check everything that you worked on to make sure nothing came loose (that's the most likely cause, actually).

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

What was it? A part came loose or there was a vacuum leak?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.