IGNORED

Help with yogurt cup test please...

rossiz

If all else seems right, check your BCDD - this is where I found a leak on my 1976 Z when I resorted to the yogurt cup test. I could hear it though. Blow hard, find someone with good ears. The condition of my BCDD diaphragms were so bad that I'm surprised that I don't hear about the same problem more often here.

Didn't someone here start a thread here on repairing the diaphragm in his BCDD? I wonder how it held up. It was some time ago now. It would be an alternative to disabling it altogether.

Chas

Didn't someone here start a thread here on repairing the diaphragm in his BCDD? I wonder how it held up. It was some time ago now. It would be an alternative to disabling it altogether.

Chas

Yeah, that was me. I replaced the BCDD diaphragms with replicas cut from nitrile gloves - I have a laster cutter in my basement :). This fixed the leak but I have been too chicken to connect it again. I guess I'm waiting to get everything else sorted out before I try it (I'm still running with my TPS disconnected because one of the switches or wiring seems to be bad). If anyone on this forum has the same problem, I'd be happy to send them nitrile replacements. I have no idea how well they will stand up under actual use.

My old post about BCDD leak and rebuild is here

Edited by sscanf
Add link to old BCDD psot