IGNORED

Easy fit new radiator

siteunseen

I put a 3 row 280 radiator in a 240 without any problems. The automatic transmission cooler on the bottom was the only difference between the two, it hangs 2" lower on the bottom. I got it from Advance for $142 after a $50 coupon code worked. I took a chisel and knocked off the pre welded nuts and used the 12mm bolts and nuts that were on the 240. Put a ZX shroud on and two new Gates hoses. After driving it for 30 minutes the front of the head and thermostat housing read 165 degrees and the rear of the head read 138, the block was 122 degrees. Very happy with it.

ToughOne or Ready-Rad Radiator 433634: Buy a car radiator from the experts at Advance Auto Parts

That is good to know! I think all radiators come with the auto. trans coolers in them these days. I paid $215 shipped for my 3 row Champion Alum. radiator but I actually like the black over the polished alum. Nice to see that the drain **** points straight down instead of towards the engine. Post up some pics of it installed when you can.

Edited by Hardway

I've got a 3 row OEM radiator of unknown year in my car, no auto trans cooler on mine. Also I heartily suggest replacing the drain **** with a low profile plug of some kind, I munched the plastic draincock on my friend's steep driveway and puked coolant everywhere, as the extra low radiator is the first point of contact at the front of the car. I used a cut down bolt and rubber seal to get me home, and never bothered to replace it.

Interestingly enough my drain plug is in a different location than yours, it is on the drivers side not centrally located.

post-21373-14150829405017_thumb.jpg

post-21373-14150829403322_thumb.jpg

post-21373-14150829404182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain_Zeros