IGNORED

nozzles

Darrel

While working on a set of gummed up carbs, one of the tubes came out of the feed nozzle. Yes, really gummed up. Is it an interference fit or does it need some kind of adhesive or cement to keep the nozzle in the feed nozzle?

The first carb went well and ready to put back on the car.

Got it all cleaned up and used my vise to seat the tube in the whatchamacallit. Made sure it was seated in as far as the other nozzle. Judging by the force used it is an interference fit and very tight. If it used any type of sealant, I didn't see any.

Getting ready to put the gas tank back in. But now have to deal with a broken bolt that holds on the balance tube and #6 exhaust stud.

So I'd be curious that if it took so much force to put it back in, then why did it come out in the first place?

BTW - Which little metal part pulled out? The part that fits up through the hole in the carb body, or the little nipple that the flexible fuel hose attaches to?

the nipple where the hose connects to is fine. It was the long brass/bronze that pulled out of the plastic piece. Looking through the parts fische, it looks like there is an oring. It is more or less still there. With what little pressure there is on the area, i don't think it will come out again or leak.