IGNORED

Need some help!

MAgree

Hello all,

this is my first post, hope it isn't in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm currently helping a friend sell his '76 280z. It isn't "practical" enough for school, whatever the hell that means, and he needs something with a little more seats.

I think I care about this car A LOT more than my buddy unfortunately, and I recently did a ton of work on it in preparation for sale, basically doing everything that my friend was too lazy to take care of for all of highschool (headliner, carpet, stereo, bled the brakes, changed the oil and other fluids, cleaned it).

The only problem is that now I have no idea how to sell it. I've sold more modern cars before, but this car is a bit different.

Can you all tell me where a good place to put the car up for sale is? I put it on Craigslist but this has not yielded any serious inquiries...

Here's the Craigslist ad: 1976 Datsun 280z RARE AUTOMATIC

Thank you all!

Mike

Edited by MAgree

Not practical enough for school? Geesh, it was a GREAT car for school when I went to college and graduate school. The daily commute was as awesome as a commute could be, and there was no end to the stuff you could fit in the hatch. Go figure...

Anyway, CL is probably the best place to advertise. I've never had trouble selling cars there. What's helped me has been sparkly clean vehicles (including engine detailing), combined with very good photography (I'm a photographer).

One thing that could be hurting you is the automatic transmission. It's rare and interesting, but it's not desirable.

Edited by FastWoman

include some pics of the underneath of the vehicle as well as the battery well and the frame rails. mother nature loves to claim these vehicles. she looks rather clean but the deal breaker isn't necessarily the automatic trans. If it's a solid car folks will jump on it.

ebay.. you will get far more eyeballs on it there. a calif blue plate car with no rust should

sell for around 5-6k i think 7 is pushing it.

in california stop-n-go commute traffic i cannot see an automatic trans as a negative.