IGNORED

240z bumpers to 280z brackets

nissanthanh

Someone took the time to figure out the proper dimensions, put them to paper, get them fabricated or did them themselves, and is offering the results of their work. Try it yourself and come back with your price. Maybe you'll make a few dollars.

I made my own after inquiring about them and getting a quote for shipping them to Europe.

Se my thread. I think I still have the paper template somewhere. Planning on making them out of SS304 once I finished with fitting the air-dam.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/body-paint-s30/48611-fitting-240z-bumpers-valences-280z.html

Chas

@zed head, you can say that up to a certain point. But this is literally 2 pieces of metal. Measured from a template, obviously. I already have Eurodat who just replied that he made the template. Markups are of course necessary for profit of time and R&D. But at what point does it become highway robbery? Cost of materials is what? 10 dollars at the VERY most? Markup of 1200%?

Look at dapper headlights... I could buy the retrofit projectors for ~100$, then buy the cheapo 7inch rounds for 30, and retrofit myself to save what? 100$ And 6-8 hours of work. I'd be glad to pay that 100$ markup for something that looks a lot more worth it, with all the actual fabrication, wiring and such. But I'm paying a markup of less than 50% of what parts and labor I would buy to make it work.

I'm sure if he did some research on price elasticity, he would make tons more on sheer volume sales, rather than markup. Just my 2cents from a economist's point of view.

Edit - This stuff, designing and fabricating, is harder than it looks. And there is no real volume to be tapped to speak of for these specific parts, so price elasticity doesn't really apply. Take the pictures and your car in to a shop and see what they would charge. Who knows.

Edited by Zed Head