IGNORED

280ZX inventory update

daddz

I went a little crazy in 2013 and ended up with three new to me 280ZX hardtops.

The first one I fell into came from its original owner out of Sacramento, Ca last June. It had been sitting since the late 90's and only had 104k miles on it. It is known as the blackout package according to the window sticker that came with the car. Other than the blacked out window moldings it also features the beveled body molding found on the European and Japanese market S130's. One of the things I enjoy about these blackout models (my second one) is the lack of power steering and the R-180 differential and tall 5th gear. Another nice feature is the cold AC for the humid summers.

The most appreciated feature for me is the lack of rust!

The second one is a 1983 gold hardtop that was bought new in Thousand Oaks, Ca back in August 1983. It moved to Kentucky in 2000 where it was bought by its second owner who kept it for 13 years before selling it to me last November. Other than some small rust bubbles the car is solid and drives well.

The third one is another 1981 base model hardtop. I bought it from its original owner who was kind enough to convey the original window sticker and all of its service records to include a log book with every gas fill-up and maintenance performed. It did receive a re-spray in the original color but it also does not have any rust and drives really well. A few minor mechanical repairs and will be a bunch more fun to drive.

post-3015-14150827617683_thumb.jpg

post-3015-14150827618412_thumb.jpg

post-3015-14150827619136_thumb.jpg

post-3015-14150827619851_thumb.jpg

post-3015-14150827620468_thumb.jpg

post-3015-14150827621194_thumb.jpg

So did you sell off your collection of Celicas?

Steve,

Unfortunately I sold the 72 Celica a few years back. Last I heard it was in North Carolina. Would love to have it back though.

I also sold off the black 87 Supra and then a couple of years ago bought a burgundy 86.5 hardtop and sold it to buy a one owner 78 280Z. About a year and half ago I managed to get back into another 86.5 Supra hardtop from its original owner.