IGNORED

Any electricians?

Ed

I looked at the way my dryer was hooked up and I'm copying it. I just can't see paying $50 bucks for someone to come out and do something that I feel I could do myself. If I paid to have stuff done all the time I wouldn't learn anything, and I'd be broke. I'll try anything atleast once. (Except licking my fingers to test the wiresLOL )

If the cord has been previously hooked into a 220 outlet, the guage should be fine. After hooking it up, give it a bit a feel the wires for heat.

In the event that you reverse the wires, which I have done, it will throw the breaker and you will need to try again. What I did was leave the outlet breaker in the off position, plug it in and go back over to the box and give 'er power. That way I'm not right next to the plug...

I agree with both of you tho, a wiring book is good advice, but so is learning for yourself.

Common sense applies in all of it.

Good luck Ed, just leave the Z to me in the will.

Just kiddingROFL

B

working with 240v can rearange your whole life. 110 is one thing but the 240 snake really bites hard. Maybe its so damn cold there your snakes are frozen . Get the book they are less than $11. at home depot and will come in handy if you are going to do any wireing in the garage or repairing any in the house. As a retired contractor please accept the advise. If the snake bites it's all over.