IGNORED

AC kit for 1972 Datsun 240Z to use with original indash controls in panel

jalexquijano

That was me who modified the stock controls. Really wasn't that hard, but did take some tinkering.

Made new control cables from hobby store materials and some minimal sheet metal brackets made with just normal garage tools.

Will try to find some pics of the finished assembly.

Still waiting for your pictures of your ac installation using the stock controls and routing. Besides of the Servo Diaphgram will you need something else to raise and control the idle once the ac is activated? I am ordering a fan shroud!

• 3 years later...

On 12/31/2013 at 3:09 PM, Oiluj said:

I agree with Dennis that which kit is best is a matter of application and opinion. They probably will all work about the same.

Here's a link to pics of my controls modifications.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/interior-s30/38904-stock-looking-vintage-air-c-controls-part-1-a.html

Here's a link to the pic of the controls installed with new control graphics printed on self-adhesive mylar on a laser printer.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/attachments/interior-s30/37206d1279510439-custom-vent-ducts-vintage-air-c-install-hvac-controls-installed.jpg

On 1/2/2014 at 4:51 AM, Oiluj said:

Jorge,

I installed the "Gen II Mini" unit, their smallest unit. It's only 1.5" shorter and 1/2" less deep than the more powerful "Gen II Compact". The Gen II Compact would be a tight fit, but might be work. You can order/rent a mock-up" unit from Vintage Air to verify the fit.

Vintage Air now has a nice control panel that would retro-fit into the center control panel that was not available when I did my installation. It would require cutting a hole in the stock control

I'm gathering up photos of my A/C install to put together a photo-essay of how I did installed my system, If I have a good enough package, I'll post it in the next two weeks.

Happy 2014!

Julio

Hi,

I know this conversation was posted nearly 4 years ago but I'm hoping to get some answers or in contact with Julio regarding 240z original control panel with Gen2mini Vintage Air who was able to complete this modification.

I've had a look just about everywhere on the net to gather some info, photos, instructions or a video on how to modify my existing control panel to accommodate the gen2mini A/c unit but was, unfortunately, unable to find anything.

If anyone has done this modification using the original control panel, can you please send me some photos,  instructions or guide me on how I can do this? Anyone's help would be much appreciated with this. Thank you, Jerry