Suspension: 240 vs 260 - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Suspension: 240 vs 260

Featured Replies

Is 260z suspension better than 240z suspension?

I think i read somewhere that the 260z rear suspension has longer travel, and you can lower it better without getting problems. are 2+2 struts different to 2 seater struts.

Is it an easy swap?

Or it it better to go for aftermarker replacements?

Also my front wheels seem to have excessive negative camber.

I Think the bearings are worn, or could it possibly be a bent stub axle? the previous ower was under the impression it was bent by the owner before him. I cant see any damage to the strut tower, but the frame rail is a bit banged up underneath, though that could just be from jacking the car up incorrectly.

FRont struts on a 260 are "beefier"" than 240.

The rear I think is the same.

I don't know when they changed over in your market, but the later 260's will have a larger diameter and longer strut housing.

It possibly will coincide with the introduction of the 2+2 models, as I am sure that the 2+2 springs are considerably longer than the 240 springs.

2 seater and 2+2 strut housings are more than likely the same, with only a longer spring on the 2+2's.

Your negative camber problem could be partly due to bad control arm bushings if they are still the original rubber ones.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.