IGNORED

SK racing carbs

Reverend

Koalia, VERY pretty! Did you take pics while you disassembled and cleaned? Are you going to add air filter screens or "suck dirty" ? I saw 2 Z cars at shows this summer that had no air filtering of any kind and it wasn't just for the show, they drove that way all the time. Couldn't do it myself.

I did open them up but they were quite clean, so i did not do anything to them. I have set of new gaskets ready to go if the old ones (which look quite new) starts to leak. Im looking for decent priced air filters as we speak, i wonder if these are any good or should i go with the "traditional" style filters: 2 x RAMAIR Carb Sock Air Filters Double Trumpet Weber DCOE Dellorto DHLA CS-901 | eBay

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, my oer's came in. Older set from JP. Just wanted to let every one know some tidbits I discovered that Might not have been covered, if they have sorry for the double posting.

Well i made 2 carbs into 1 by utilizing my top half and a working bottom half. What I found out was Oer has 2 types of

Jet tower setups. A stnd mikuni jetting style and a weber type. The sk set on my car are weber style but the newer oer set are the newere stnd type. They do not interchange and you need to use one or the other.

Its an easy fix by swapping jet towers,but if you want to order a new set or find a used set ask the seller or specify what type of jettings it uses. So you can plan accordingly.

Type stnd or

Type w.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's so friggin cold out in the garage even with the heater on full that I'm trying to do small jobs that don't take too long.

SK/OER carbs have this 1/2" dia hole on the face of the intake, a breather of some kind. We have a lot of pollen bees around our property and they are forever looking for any hole they can plug up with mud, eggs, larva and more mud so this is what I came up with to try and defeat them,

post-26437-1415082711193_thumb.jpg

So far they feel pretty secure.

Man, it must be January if I think this is worth posting.

post-26437-14150827111704_thumb.jpg