IGNORED

1st time Z-owner from Norway=)

Welcome to the club. That is a great looking Z. I am partial to yellow Z's, since I owned one for 7 years. Does it have any rust? IT looks pretty solid from the pictures at least.

You will have to tell us the story on how you found it.

Enjoy it!

Marty

Hello Tom, glad to have you as part of our group. That's a really nice looking car, too bad about the abuse by the shipper. Since the driveshaft was damaged, be sure to also check the forward mount on the differential for any damage - the rubber component may have sheared from the stress.

That is a slick looking SX you pictured, congratulations on your excellent taste in accessories.

Looking forward to hearing of your work with the new car, be sure to keep us updated.

I am glad to hear all the positive comments on the car:) Unfortunately the car does not look as good from a near distance as it does on the pictures, but it looks good enough to be used for a season or two before repainting! A real detailing job will also help alot:)

Welcome Tom, car looks good ! You own a legend ! Sorry to hear about the damage to ! How can that happen ?!

Thank you!:) The way I see it, this can only come from too high rpm's and trying to do burnouts.. I have heard several similar stories where cars have been messed with by the guys moving them around on the docks. Sad, but not much to do about it other than to fix it. No one wants to take the blame for it either, so better just put it behind me:ermm:

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the club. Thats a bummer about the shipping, but your lucky you didnt use that russian shipping company Leon posted in post #2.

Thank you Chas! That's true, what an awful video!

Welcome to the club. That is a great looking Z. I am partial to yellow Z's, since I owned one for 7 years. Does it have any rust? IT looks pretty solid from the pictures at least.

You will have to tell us the story on how you found it.

Enjoy it!

Marty

Good to hear that I am not the only one liking the yellow color. It stands out, and I think that's cool on an old iconic car like the Z:) I have to admit that I was a bit sceptical before I saw the car in real life though;) I have not found any bad rust other than a couple of small areas on the passenger. The car was repainted in the US before it came to norway, but it seems like there is very little bondo on it. Time will show, but it looks pretty solid from what I have seen to this day:classic:

I first found the car on eBay a few months ago, but didn't have the cash or the experience to dare bidding on it so I let it go. It turned out that it was sold to a guy here in norway who has been importing many 240z's before.

I had been talking to him recently about another 240z that he imported before this one, so after he had sold that one he told me that he had this yellow '70-model on it's way to norway. I linked him to the eBay ad and asked him if it was that car, and it was, so I guess this car was kind of meant for me:)

Hello Tom, glad to have you as part of our group. That's a really nice looking car, too bad about the abuse by the shipper. Since the driveshaft was damaged, be sure to also check the forward mount on the differential for any damage - the rubber component may have sheared from the stress.

That is a slick looking SX you pictured, congratulations on your excellent taste in accessories.

Looking forward to hearing of your work with the new car, be sure to keep us updated.

The forward differential mount has indeed sheared so I have this clunking sound everytime I accelerate. I am going to buy a new mount and the technoversions diff strap replacement mount. Is there a good upgrade alternative to the original differential mount?

Glad you liked my SX! The Z is going to have an air dam (not sure which one yet), lowering springs and better shocks, and some nice wheels (suggestions?). Thinking of ZG-flares as well but that will be later.

-Tom