IGNORED

What to look for when buying some Mikunis?

I've got an order in with Todd Walrich, he says turnaround is about 5-6 weeks and he's going to want info on the engine, compression, cam specs etc for jetting setup purposes. 44's on a TWM manifold with linkage and airhorns was $2K shipped.

How much do you have to spend? That more than anything else may determine what your options are. You can buy rebuild kits from Todd and the manual can be downloaded here or over at HybridZ. needless to say if you're buying used, get them in the best condition you can.

The best bet would probably be spending the money and getting them from someone like Todd or Rebello. It will be more money upfront, but a LOT less aggravation in the end. Buying from Todd will get you close to the tune you want and you know they will be serviceable units-PLUS-you'll have Todd to help you along. He's a bit gruff sometimes, but he gets down to business and he does good business.

I will be putting mine on the sales block this winter to pursue performance FI. I got lucky and found a set that was almost new(500 miles) still in the Mikuni box! It will be bitter sweet to see them go.

I agree with Stephen above - the old saying you can pay me now or pay me later applies with this type of mod. I would buy the best you can afford to have the best set up possible. You may want to talk to Todd about soda blasting and rebuilding whatever you have - if you are planning on running 44's tell us about your engine.

A lot of folks try to go WAY to big with their carb system where the engine can not support it - be careful and detailed with your build to avoid future problems.

Mine has been spot on ever since day one (I did add a rear fuel filter after one of my float bowls started flowing fuel over my hot header - not good).

Edited by Travel'n Man