IGNORED

Datsuns Triumph at Mid Ohio in 2012

TomoHawk

I was checking the MidOhio racing schedule to see the dates for the vintage weekend, and I read that one of the races for that weekend was called the 2Bad Challenge. Apparently, last year the Datsuns beat the BMWs and Alfas. :) I was not able to find any details and was wondering if anyone knows what happened there. This year, the BMWs and alfas want to take the 2Bad award back:

The 2BAD Challenge (BMW, Alfa, Datsun) returns for a second year as the Bimmer and Alfa Romeo drivers seek revenge for their 2012 defeat.

It looks like you would want to get tickets for this year's event, if you like the SVRA stuff. :)

Higuys,

I made it down in (2009?) for the Datsun event you guys worked out. The infield parking was cool, the burgers were good, and having the whole place "to yourself" on Friday was even cooler :)

I don't suppose there is a place locally, or just in Mansfield, where we could get a bunch of people together and book some rooms? It sure beats driving 90 minutes every day both ways.

Edited by TomoHawk

I didn't think you could get up to 100 on the way up to the keyhole :) That's pretty good for the sedans- the bigger cars like Camaros don't seem to be going that fast on the long straight. the best I ever did in my Z was about 65 on the long straight, but that was on a parade lap, so you were kinda limited for room, and it was in an unrestored car.

Thanks for the videos Bill.:)

fred- Yeah, the chicane puts a little damper on outright speed, but also gives you stuff to do besides stare straight ahead.

Edited by TomoHawk