1978 fuel tank? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1978 fuel tank?

Featured Replies

  • 3 weeks later...

we're in the same boat bud, except im in no hurry. I just keep checking my local junkyards every other weekend hoping to get lucky. 78's are only compatible with 77's, am i right?

Anyway, good luck with your find.

The one I have is out of a 260z. Not sure if it's compatible. Anyone else care to chime in?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
The one I have is out of a 260z. Not sure if it's compatible. Anyone else care to chime in?

I'm 99 percent sure it won't work.

The one I have is out of a 260z. Not sure if it's compatible. Anyone else care to chime in?

They redesigned pretty much all of the unseen sheet metal for 77. I haven't checked, but I would be very surprised if he could use any tank prior to 77.

looks like zcar source has 1978 tanks.

  • Author
Why not just get the one you have repaired?

I've been looking into that. I wonder how much it would cost to repair the inside gas line? That was my first option, it's just so hard finding someone in this area that will do it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.