IGNORED

That's cheap... Datsun

Caen Fred

Originally posted by TKR514

I cannot imagine anyone wanting to dim their tail/stop lights either. That would surely be dangerous (if not illegal).

I've seen cars that have black surrounds around the tail lights, so they spray the lights with a clear/black tint mix to make them darker to blend into the surrounds when the lights are off. Gives them a custom look, but makes the lights dimmer. I guess if they fitted the led style brighter lights to offset the tinted lights it might be ok.

:love: My wife:love: drives in city traffic most of her work day and in Portland it is often very rainy with poor visibility. She is in the habit of using her hazard lights when slowing. This is akin to pumping the brakes.

(Has any one seen an after market 3rd light that looks reasonably cool? (inside mounting only) or any from another car that may work that looks very slim and can be inside roof mounted? )

I have used the third brake light from the GM astro vans. I think the fullsize vans use the same. The third light is a thin LED style light about one foot long in its own case. They are mounted on the roof of the van with 2 screws and 2 wires. Just run a jumper wire from the brake light where you want it and 2 screws.

Real nice set-up nice clean thin case thats easy ta hide.