IGNORED

Coilovers and brake question

tez240k

How do you think these would go?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=181041321107&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=14494925318

I was given supposed s13 coilovers to transfer to mine but I went down to datsport and they told me the ones I have wouldn't fit...

Has anyone done a coil over conversion and is it difficult. I have the larger diameter 240k brakes. So was looking at the hilux/magna setup. I've read a couple threads on it but none were a straight answer on what caliper and disk off what model etc.

Cheers

Terry

you can get a rx7 conversion adapters with vented disk to suit for around 20ishk of yahoo and the calipers can be had here for 100~200. this is the path im goin but you need at leat 7.5 j wheels but can run 14's still unlike some other conversions

• 2 weeks later...
They look good nod, what are the details of your upgrade?

Hi,

You will need the 240K late-model struts (1975+ ?)

1994 Toyota 4 Runner Calipers - S13WB type - suits 25m disc - 4 x 45mm pistons ( pads are dba 1149 )

Mitsubishi Verada / Magana disc (dba part no. 425), center hole needs to be enlarged from 69mm to 73mm, mine were blank slotted rotors - specially ordered

Use a 2mm washer between caliper and mounting ears on struts, to move the caliper inbound a small amount ( to clear my mags )

there is a spacer between the rotor and hub, I think it was a 3.4mm

I'm running a 7/8 master cylinder, with a larger booster than what was on the coupe, it's off a '73 4 door 240K, but is smaller than what on a 4 door '77 240K,

The peddles feels good..

I think that was all..

Nigel

• 1 month later...

Sorry to butt into the conversation but I also have a question relating to suspension setup also.

Does anyone know if this setup will fit, or how much modifying it would need, is to suit a datto 1600.

Front - height adjustable coilover kits with king springs, vented rotors, 4 pots, braided lines, camber tops, adjustable lca's, caster, heavy duty sway bar.

Rear - Seam welded rear cross memeber, heavy duty rear sway bar, disc brakes, lowered springs and kyb struts.

A bit of it is maddat stuff apparently need to find more info out, but if means need to change too much I won't go down this path.....

Cheers!

• 1 month later...